Thursday, October 27, 2011

Spice Up Your Page

Something about Dreamweaver that bothers me (probably because I'm not very good at understanding how exactly the program works) is that because we're all designing pages through the same program, they all have a certain "look" to them that I'm not exactly fond of. Sure I can change the color of my background, add pictures, and change the font, but what's going to set my page apart stylistically from someone else in the class?


Don't worry guys, I have a solution! Ta-da, stylized background patterns! Through a simple google search, I found this great blog that linked me to many different websites where you can download different patterns (most of which for free, but some require payment of crediting the creator) to add some pizazz to your site. Just make sure that when you download the background you put it in your 'local' folder with the rest of your site's files, otherwise Dreamweaver will freak out when it can't find it which will cause you to freak out and we want to avoid that at all costs. Moral of the post, add some splash and try not to freak out.

Take that Dreamweaver templates!

No comments:

Post a Comment