Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Last Call

As the big day gets closer and closer, I'm starting to feel more confident about my design. That begin said, I'm extremely glad we had the time in class to peer review our design project and ask any last minutes questions that we might have had because I would have missed some key elements. Today, I found out that:

a.) Our 500 word paper has to have a similar design to match our poster. Say what? I don't remember reading that in the instructions (which YES, I have read over many many times, thank you very much). I'm so glad I asked if we're turning in a hard copy because now I know I need to design my paper!

b.) Some parts of the metaphor I wanted to use didn't work for some people, but it's totally cool because I have a backup plan! I find it fascinating to see just how differently people think. A concept that made total sense to me didn't make sense to someone else, but it did to another person. This project forces you to think about all those people who don't see the point you're trying to make and find another way to make them understand.

c.) As it turns out, I do have enough text on my poster, but I need to add more information about Africa specifically.

d.) Turning a picture of a person into a silhouette totally counts as an original image as long as I'm the person who took the picture, which I was!

e.) Apparently, I am good at creating slogans. This will certainly come in handy when I'm working at my PR firm in New York. But, oh wait a minute, I'm not a graphic design or Ad/PR major nor does this reflect anything that I want to do with my life. Oh well, I guess since this is a writing class, I'm sure it's a skill that I will undoubtedly use in the near future. But is this really a writing class? Someone please remind me what creating an image has to do with writing again because I don't get it.

That's all gang! Best of luck on your projects, the one's I saw today had some truly great ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment