Wednesday, September 7, 2011

You Dropped Food on the Floor

I’m glad we were given the opportunity in class to talk about our ideas for our project with the people around us. My idea is to create a tree with the branches portion a sort of “choose your own ending” with everything eventually leading to DONATE. I think this type of graphic chart will both entice people to a.) Stop and interact with the board to really see what the cause is all about and b.) Hopefully donate! This is an example similar to what I had in mind that I saw at a hostel in Europe last fall:

I do have a few issues/concerns about how I’m going to include my images, but I think I’m going to either place them within the chart itself or make them kind of like the leaves on the tree. That way, I can have some fun with masking layers and coloring to make them look more “leaf” like. I’ve also thought about hanging certain items from the tree that are representative of the NGO or the African country that we choose to represent the fruit of the tree. Is this too much? Any thoughts are appreciated!

1 comment:

  1. This is good in the sense that it is interactive, and therefore commands a good level of engagement from the viewer that will make it more memorable to them. My only issue is that it will cause a lot of other people that are unwilling to engage with the poster to ignore it and keep walking. Also how are you incorporating the images?

    ReplyDelete